Apply now: WAF Young Reviewers
Are you 14-19? Want to see shows for free at Wandsworth Arts Fringe and get your reviews published?
As part of Wandsworth Arts Fringe 2023 we are running a free project for young people living or attending school or college in Wandsworth age 14-19 to become WAF Young Reviewers. This will include attending some of the Wandsworth Arts Fringe performances and sharing your experiences.
The project begins with an online workshop session to find out about this year’s festival and explore how to write your own reviews with a creative professional. Then you get to choose which performances you’d like to attend and review. This year, we’re leaving the format up to you – the review could be written, recorded as a video or podcast, or you can come up with a whole new format!
Spaces are limited so if you’d like to take part in this exciting new project get in touch! (See below for details)
What will I need to do?
- Attend two in person workshops, one to learn about the Festival, and one on how to write your own reviews – this will be led by Kalungi Ssebandeke who will tell you all you need to know.
- Attend 2 performances during Wandsworth Arts Fringe (your choice, subject to availability - 2 tickets will be provided free of charge for each reviewer).
- Write a short review of each performance you attend, and go through editing with the creative leader.
- Attend a feedback session after the festival to tell us what you think and help us plan next year’s event.
Mon 22 May, 5pm – 6pm Online - Introduction to WAF and the Young Reviewers scheme
Mon 29 May, 4pm – 5:30pm - In-person workshop to learn how to write your own review.
Wed 31 May, 7pm – 9:30pm at OSO Arts Centre - Practise your reviewing skills
Fri 9 June, 6pm at Royal Academy of Dance - Festival Launch Event (optional)
Fri 9 June – Sun 25 June - Wandsworth Arts Fringe – see the full programme here
Tue 5 July, 4pm – 5pm - Online feedback meeting
Is there a cost to take part?
No, this project is completely free.
Are all the performances in the evening?
No – there are performances every day of the festival at different times and in different locations – you will choose which ones you’d like to attend. There are also online/digital events you can review.
Can I bring a friend / relative to the performances I review?
Yes, you will be given 2 tickets for each performance you attend, or more if it is a free event.
How do I apply to take part?
To take part in this project please complete this form by 5pm on Tuesday 16 May (Extended Deadline)
Any other questions?
Read some previous reviews by WAF Young Reviewers here.
If you have any other questions, drop us an email and we will get back to you asap email@example.com
Looking for WAF Young Reporters with Riverside Radio?
Image features Providence House, who are bringing their Youth Entertainment Showcase to WAF2023.
- Artists On Air: Riverside Radio X WAF23
- WAF's on sale! Full line-up announced
- Apply now: WAF Young Reporters
- Woodfield Pavilion: Call Out for Artists
- WAF is Going Places