Royal College of Art: Creative Bursaries for local artists aged 16-25
Image: RCA Bursary Artists 2019
Building on the successful RCA Bursary scheme offered by the Royal College of Art (RCA) for Wandsworth Artists’ Open House (WAOH) in 2018 & 2019, the RCA is teaming up with WAF to offer five bursaries to local artists and designers aged 16–25.
The bursaries will support and pay for emerging artists and designers to register for WAF 2022 and showcase their work in a group exhibition at Outlined Gallery in Nine Elms, as well as receiving tailored mentoring and support from RCA staff and students. Outlined Gallery will also continue to support the artists by featuring their work on the gallery’s website for 12 months with options to create prints for the public to buy - providing a financial revenue stream to the artist.
If you are keen to share your work with the local community, benefit from support and advice, and develop your practice, please submit your details using this application form or a short video recording by midnight on Sunday 6 February 2022.
To be eligible for a bursary, you must:
- be aged between 16–25 on 10 June 2022
- currently live, work or study in the London Borough of Wandsworth
- have at least five pieces of existing artwork that you would like to exhibit
- be available for the key project dates outlined below
- participate in evaluation of programme activities
- not have previously received a RCA WAOH bursary
NB: The bursaries are not open to RCA staff, students or alumni.
- 8 December 2021: Applications open
- 6 February 2022: Application Deadline (midnight)
- 11 February 2022: Awards announced
- 25 February 2022: Deadline to accept/decline bursary and create a MyFringe account
- March & April 2022: Mentors to be matched and sessions to be arranged
- w/c 6 June 2022: Installation at Outlined Gallery
- 9 June 2022: Group exhibition Private View at Outlined Gallery
- 10–26 June 2022: WAF 2022 - exhibition at Outlined Gallery
- 27 June 2022: Deinstallation at Outlined Gallery
How to apply
Please complete an application using the form at the link below. You can alternately upload a short video addressing the questions in the application and email that to email@example.com
If you have any questions please get in touch with Hannah Lambert, Community Engagement Manager from the Royal College of Art: firstname.lastname@example.org
- New! Wandsworth Arts Fringe commissions: Going Places
- From Earlsfield to Soho: Sudha Bhuchar's 'Evening Conversations' opens at Soho Theatre
- We're Fantastic for Families (Officially!)
- Call out for creatives: Wandsworth Arts Fringe 2023
- Climate Rhymes