Become a WAF Young Reviewer
Are you aged 14-19? Want to tell us what you think about Wandsworth Arts Fringe 2022 and have your reviews published?
We are running a free project for young people in Wandsworth age 14-19 to become WAF Young Reviewers. The project begins with an online workshop session to find out about this year’s festival and explore how to write your own reviews. Then you get to choose which performances you’d like to attend and review. This year, we’re leaving the format up to you – the review could be written, recorded as a video or podcast, or you can come up with a whole new idea!
Spaces are limited so if you’d like to take part, apply below!
What will I need to do?
- Attend one online and one in person workshop to learn about the Festival and how to write your own reviews – this will be led by Kalungi Ssebandeke who will tell you all you need to know.
- Attend 2 performances during Wandsworth Arts Fringe (your choice, subject to availability - 2 tickets will be provided free of charge for each reviewer).
- Write a short review of each performance you attend, and go through editing with the creative leader.
- Attend a feedback session after the festival to tell us what you think and help us plan next year’s event.
Sun 22 May, 5pm: Application deadline
Thu 26 May, 5-6pm: Online project briefing – find out more about the project and the Festival
Wed 1 June, 4-5:30pm: In-person workshop – learn how to write your own review (snacks provided). If you are unable to make the in-person session, an online alternative may be available – please let us know in your application.
Fri 10 June, 6pm: Festival Launch Event (optional)
Fri 10 June – Sunday 26th June: Wandsworth Arts Fringe
Tue 5 July (time tbc 4pm - 5pm): Online feedback meeting
Are all the performances in the evening? No, there are performances every day of the festival at different times and locations, including some online ones if you prefer.
Can I bring a friend/relative to the performances I review? Yes, you will be given 2 tickets for each performance you attend, or more if the event is free.
How do I apply to take part? Fill in the form below.
Email us if you have any other questions: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Artistes for Autism: Call out for autistic young people who love to dance!
- Introducing WAF's Grant funded programme 2023
- New! Wandsworth Arts Fringe commissions: Going Places
- From Earlsfield to Soho: Sudha Bhuchar's 'Evening Conversations' opens at Soho Theatre
- We're Fantastic for Families (Officially!)