Climate Rhymes Workshops at Granard Primary School
Climate Rhymes, delivered by spoken word artist BREIS and artist Hannah Coulson, used poetry and visual art to explore important questions about the environmental crisis in Wandsworth primary schools.
Through practical activities and fun, hands-on learning, 10 classes from 8 primary schools across Wandsworth considered a range of ecological topics, using new knowledge and skills alongside their own previous experiences to generate creative artistic responses.
Climate Rhymes Workshops at Sacred Heart Primary School
The project used spoken word and art techniques as a way to explore important questions about humanity’s responsibility for the environmental crisis, as well as exploring our own unique and personal relationships with the world around us.
202 pupils aged between 8-11 worked in groups to create their own original poems and accompanying artwork which is exhibited in libraries until September 2022. Each library displays work from a different school who chose to reflect the issues they felt passionate about.
Climate Rhymes at Wandsworth Libraries - click to open Flickr album:
Where to find each school's work:
- Balham Library - Smallwood School
- Battersea Library - Shaftesbury Park School
- Battersea Park Library - Griffin Primary School
- Earlsfield Library - Riversdale Primary School
- Northcote Library - Griffin Primary School
- Putney Library - Brandlehow Primary School
- Roehampton Library - Granard Primary School
- Southfields Library - Riversdale Primary School
- Tooting Library - Smallwood Primary School
- Wandsworth Town Library - St Joseph's Primary School
- York Gardens Library - Sacred Heart Primary School
Wandsworth Council has set itself ambitious targets of becoming carbon neutral by 2030. This project is part of the Council’s conversations with the wider community to identify how we combat climate change..
Climate Rhymes Workshops at St Joseph's RC Primary School
- We're Fantastic for Families (Officially!)
- Call out for creatives: Wandsworth Arts Fringe 2023
- Animating Climate Change
- WAF Young Reviewer - Tap Dance History
- WAF Young Reviewer - We're Gonna Be Okay